THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us when you sign up for our newsletter, interact with us on social media or when you contact us by phone or email. This may include your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers or other marketing activities.
Information from other sources such as social media.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information you give to us to:
- give you great customer service and respond to any enquiries you send us
- inform you when you win one of our competitions
- keep you updated on our latest announcements or send you marketing information about us. If you would like to change your communication preferences or if you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the information we collect to:
- improve our site by monitoring visitor behaviour and interaction
- identify and prevent fraud and other harmful activity
- keep our site safe and secure
We use the information we receive from other sources to:
- administer our social media competitions. When you enter one of our competitions, we will temporarily note your username so that you can be entered into the draw and notified if you are a winner. These are social media companies approved by you, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Once the competition is completed the data is destroyed.
In accordance with the law, we only keep your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Be aware that our site includes social network plugins, so certain data (your current IP address, email address, visited sites, date and time) is forwarded to these social media services even if you are not registered with them. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. Unfortunately we have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing or their privacy practices – we suggest you review their privacy statement.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site according with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or authorized by law.
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers, who are bound to comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data, we also secure our operating environment adequately and use data encryption.
You have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you as well as the purpose of its processing, and a right to demand the correction of incorrect data and the deletion of data which is inappropriate or no longer needed. Bear in mind that if you choose not to share certain information with us, it may mean that we can no longer provide you with our services.